Tuesday, December 21, 2004

A World Without You

Read the following from a book excerpt, "A Pain in the Neck", written by a recently deceased blogger, Grace, who blogged during her last days:

"The world was going to go on without me. It is a strange thought. Echobelly sings, "I can’t imagine the world without me." They’re right. Try imagining the world without you. You can’t. As Descartes realised a couple of hundred years ago, the world exists because of you. That is the only certain knowledge that we can ever hope to have."

Her blog: www.dyingis.blogspot.com

My thoughts on the above:

I can't imagine a world without me - because the world revolves around me. This is not a heliocentric or geocentric universe; but a egocentric one. I think, therefore I am... trapped... by my ego, trapping the world with it, making it ever so small. The bigger my ego gets, the smaller the world - because of the way my limited and inaccurate perception force-fits it into my world view. The world does not exists because of me alone; the world exists because of everyone. But my faulty world exists because of my faulty perception... of my self and the world. To imagine the world without me, I need to displace, or rather, remove 'me' from the centre and be one with the world, and let the world be its own centre.

In your end of days, what can you do, but to let go, when it is all you can do? Before your end of days, what can you do? Hold on to everything tightly? But that will only make the end of days so much more unbearable, when you are forced to loosen your grip of attachment - gradually or suddenly. May I be able to live life lightly, but not unseriously. Properly, but not uptightly. Graciously, not grudgingly. A matter of grace from moment to moment. Yes, grace. Thank you, Grace. I trust you will have a good rebirth... if any.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home